This blog was created by guest blogger, Brittany Spieker, a dietetic student at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
Are you looking for a healthier cookie recipe that has a little more nutritional value than the “cookie cutter” cookies? Then Chocolate Chip Yogurt Cookies are for you!
This recipe contains yogurt to add extra protein, calcium, and moisture. Replacing part of the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour increases nutrients such as fiber, B vitamins, Vitamin E, healthy fats, and several minerals.
Chocolate Chip Yogurt Cookies
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup yogurt (non-fat, plain)
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup flour (all-purpose)
1 cup flour (whole wheat)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup chocolate chips (miniature)
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl combine sugar, brown sugar, and margarine; beat until light and fluffy.
3. Add yogurt and vanilla; blend well. Stir flour and baking soda; mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2-inches apart onto un-greased cookie sheets. Bake at 375 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes or until light and golden brown.
5. Cool 1 minute from cookie sheets.