This blog was created by guest blogger, Khara Krueger, a dietetic student at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
If you’re looking for a quick, delicious, and inexpensive treat, this recipe is for you! This dish can be made up in about 20 minutes and it’s easy to eat on the run. These Oatmeal Jiffy Crunch squares will take care of your sweet tooth without the added calories and fat! There are only 80 calories per square and the dietary fiber in them will help you feel fuller longer. The great thing about the Oatmeal Crunch is that you probably already have most of the ingredients in your cabinets! I hope you enjoy!
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 3/4 cups brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups quick oats (uncooked)
- 1 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13 in baking pan.
2. In large skillet, melt butter and brown sugar.
3. Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
4. Spread into pan and bake for 15-20 minutes.
5. Cut into squares
- Per recipe: $2.15
- Per serving: $0.07