This blog was created by a guest blogger, Allie Hohman, a dietetic student at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
Searching for a quick, yet delicious and healthy breakfast option to feed the whole family? This recipe is for you! With its, light, sweet, and nutty flavor, this apple coffee cake is perfect for any brunch or breakfast. Loaded with raisins, apples, pecans, and a hint of cinnamon, this cake is full vitamins and minerals.
Apple Coffee Cake
- 5 cups apple (tart, cored, peeled, & chopped)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup pecans (chopped)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (ground)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine apples, sugar, raisins, & pecans; mix well. Let stand for 30 minutes.
3. Stir in oil, vanilla, and egg. Sift together flour, soda, and cinnamon; stir into apple mixture about 1/3 at a time, just enough to moisten dry ingredients.
4. Lightly grease a 13-by-9 by 2 inch pan. Turn batter into pan. Bake 35-40 minutes.
5. Cool cake slightly before serving.
6. Serve and Enjoy!