Quick Answer: What Herbs Can You Grow In Your Kitchen??
Here are 25 fresh herbs and plants you can grow that are great to have handy in the kitchen.
- Parsley. Parsley is a mild bitter herb that can enhance the flavor of your foods.
- Mint. There are several varieties of mint.
How do I make an herb garden at home?
Begin with either seeds or seedlings, set in a sunny window and water occasionally.
- Begin with good quality plants.
- Select the right location.
- Choose the right container.
- Add good quality potting mix.
- Feed and water routinely.
- Build a unique indoor container garden to display your herbs.
How do I make my herb garden successful?
Here are 10 simple secrets for a successful indoor herb garden:
- Choose your herbs carefully.
- Let there be light!
- Your indoor herb garden likes the same temperature you do.
- Don’t drink too much!
- Rotate Your Indoor Herb Garden.
- Pretty pots are fun and functional.
- Don’t let pests pester youtoo much.
How do I start an indoor herb garden?
Tips for Growing an Indoor Herb Garden
- Choose year-round herbs. Enjoy fresh herbs in your cooking all year long!
- Give them sun. Ideally, 8 hours of sun a day — if you have a southern facing window, that works well!
- Soil choice matters.
- Give them breathing room.
- Water, but don’t overwater!
Photo in the article by “National Park Service”